Welcome to the #1 resource for IPL betting in 2020.
On this page we will share with you the top betting sites, latest IPL predictions, match schedule, information and history, betting odds and much more.
Everything you need to know to get started betting on this years Indian Premier League.
Today’s IPL Match
Best IPL Betting Sites in 2020
IPL 2020 Preview
Here you can read our expert analysis of the IPL 2020. We give you regular updates of the teams, their key players, as well as our predictions for how the tournament will unfold.
You can of course find tips for each match, as well as the current league standings.
When will next IPL Match be played?
There has been an update on the cricket calendar this year with a number of matches and tournaments that have been cancelled or postponed.
IPL 2020 is no different.
Betway has come out with a market on when exactly will the next match be played.
[Update 27-March-2020] : With recent comments from star cricketers in India, there seems to be an inclination that the tournament is going to happen this year, although will start in June. The odds of it happening in June has gone up a notch from 8.50 to 5.00. With tournaments already planned in July, we can be heading for a restricted IPL season in 2020. This is the only change in table of odds below from 25-March to 27-March
[Update 25-March-2020] : Post announcement of 21 days lockdown in India, the chances of IPL starting in April is negligible. Even the odds for the event starting in May have dropped. As of now, the best odds are favouring cancellation for IPL for this year. We will continue posting updates on our page.
And the odds as of 27 March 2020 are as follows (Compared to 25-March changes are highlighted):
With March 2020 already ruled out and other events already slotted in the calendar, there are various options being discussed for IPL 2020.
- The topmost option is a truncated series with less number of matches, especially since the tournament is already delayed by 15 days. This rules out odds for March already, and brings April into possibility. With most of the states in India going into complete shutdown till March-31 st , it would only be towards April 1 st week that a decision can be taken. Looking at the travel restrictions imposed by individual countries, and foreign players being key to IPL, the tournament is unlikely to happen in April 2020
- May 2020 in our opinion will be the next best possibility to start the tournament especially since a lot of cricket playing nations have a schedule for June and July already booked; and IPL could not be extended. May can provide the last chance for IPL 2020 to happen without disrupting other schedules
- With the inaugural The Hundred tournament scheduled to start from 17 th July, June 2020 and July 2020 will already be ruled out from the odds
- The best odds then if IPL 2020 still proceeds without starting in April, is going to be in August 2020 or September 2020
- On the other end, October and November have the World T20 scheduled, removing the possibility of having the matches start in October. With Australia’s own BBL and Bangladesh Premier League starting towards the end of the year – and the players of these teams being a big draw – the possibility of starting the tournament in November and December will not be possible
- This brings us to 2021, essentially meaning that if the IPL 2020 gets cancelled, it will follow the normal schedule for IPL 2021 with a possibility of March 2021 to be the next match starting date towards the end, or a small chance of it starting on first week of April 2021
Which IPL 2020 Team is the Strongest After the Auction?
The IPL auction has thrown up some very interesting buys, as always, from the different franchises. The heat of the auction and the thrill of the chase does not always add up to the most rational purchases but now we have a clear idea of the completed squads for IPL 2020.
So, which teams came out tops after the IPL auction 2020? Here are two teams that we think are in prime position to fight for the IPL championship when the season rolls around.
The defending champions made some very good moves and possibly the steal of the IPL auction by picking up Chris Lynn for just 2 crores, his base price. The Mumbai Indians needed an aggressive opening batsman and now have a potentially lethal partner for Quinton de Kock.
The already strong batting line-up with the likes of Rohit Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, and Ishant Kishan has just got stronger.
Oh, and there is also the tantalizing possibility of Jasprit Bumrah bowling in tandem with Trent Boult and Nathan Coulter-Nile. Easy to see why the Mumbai Indians are the bookmakers’ favorites.
Mumbai Indians – Odds to Win IPL 2020
Every team that has won the IPL title has had a very strong base of Indian players to work with. The three most successful teams in IPL history Chennai Super Kings, Mumbai Indians, and Sunrisers Hyderabad, have all followed this template.
Through some future looking purchases and some sharp pre-auction trades, the Delhi Capitals have ended up with a very strong squad this time around.
Shikhar Dhawan, Prithvi Shaw, Ajinkya Rahane, Shreyas Iyer, Rishab Pant, Ravi Ashwin, and Ishant Sharma are all international current Indian players. To have so many in one squad is not a small feat and ensures that Delhi Capitals are going to be a side to be taken seriously.
The overseas players are also very wisely chosen. Jason Roy, Alex Carey, Chris Woakes, and Marcus Stoinis will all add depth to the squad and cover in case of injuries while players like Sandeep Lamichhane, Shimron Hetmyer, and Kagiso Rabada could play vital roles from the start.
This is a well-rounded side with youngsters hungry for success and a very astute coach, Ricky Ponting, to help lead them towards the title.
We believe the Delhi Capitals are an excellent choice to place your money on at this early stage.
Delhi Capitals – Odds to Win IPL 2020
IPL 2020 Winner Odds
|Up to date as of 21 Feb 2020 (comparison with odds published on 30 Dec 2019)|
|Chennai Super Kings||5.50||6.00||5.50|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||7.50||8.00||8.00|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||7.50||8.00||7.50|
|Kings XI Punjab||10.00||10.00||11.00|
Chances of Winning the IPL 2020
Based on the odds above, we can calculate an approximate for what the betting sites believe the chances of the various teams have on winning the IPL 2020 as of now:
- Mumbai Indians: 16.45%
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: 16.45%
- Chennai Super Kings: 15.08%
- Delhi Capitals: 12.93%
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 11.31%
- Royal Challengers Bangalore: 11.31%
- Rajasthan Royals: 8.23%
- Kings XI Punjab: 8.23%