A Look At The NBA Draft For Duke And ACC Players
It’s going to be a very strange draft this year
Share this story
Share All sharing options for: A Look At The NBA Draft For Duke And ACC Players
MIAMI, FLORIDA – JANUARY 04: Tre Jones #3 and Cassius Stanley #2 of the Duke Blue Devils look on against the Miami Hurricanes during the second half at the Watsco Center on January 04, 2020 in Miami, Florida. Photo by Michael Reaves/Getty Images
This year’s NBA Draft is going to be beyond weird. First, we don’t know if the season will continue although it doesn’t look likely. And second, evaluation is nearly impossible. Travel is extremely difficult and social distancing due to the Corona virus makes competition and evaluation impossible.
Portsmouth is almost certainly off, too.
Mock drafts are still fun though, so here’s one from NBADraft.net.
As far as Blue Devils go, this sees Vernon Carey going to New Orleans at #13, Cassius Stanley to Orlando at #45 and Tre Jones to Sacramento at #54.
Other projected ACC picks (note: not everyone has committed to the draft):
- Cole Anthony, UNC #6 New York Knicks
- Jordan Nwora, Louisville, #22 Memphis
- Devin Vassell, Florida State, #30 Boston
- Elijah Hughes, Syracuse, #31 Dallas
- Patrick Williams, Florida State, #33 Minnesota
- Landers Nolley, Virginia Tech, #36 Philadelphia
- Steven Enoch, Louisville, #50 OKC
- Mamadi Diakite, Virginia #51 Golden State