NBA 2K16 Tips: How to Score with Pick and Roll
Today we have NBA 2K16 Tips breaking down the Pick and Roll with the new advanced controls. We show you how to have proper spacing in your offense and score easily using the Pick and Roll. Be sure to checkout our NBA 2K16 Offensive Guide that will really show you how to breakdown the opposing defense.
- Positional Playcall: Press L1/LB, then press teammate’s action button and choose play from menu
- Basic Pick Control: Press and hold L1/LB
- Advanced Pick Control: Press and hold L1/LB. Use R1/RB to choose Roll vs. Fade and R1/RB to choose pick side.
- Set Screen: Circle/B
- Call for Screen: Triangle/Y
- Icon Pick Control: Press L1/LB, then press and hold the action button of desired screener
- Slip Screen and Early Fade: Call for pick, then press L1/LB again at any time before the screener gets hit to have him slip or fade early
The purpose for setting the screen is to create a big shot or strong drive to the basket for the ball carrier. The best scenario is for the pick and roll is to create three different scoring opportunities. While this play can free the ball carrier, the screen setter also becomes an option as he rolls towards the basket. If both players are defended, the third option is to pass the ball to an open teammate near the top of the three-point line for either an open shot or new play. Be sure to stay tuned for more NBA 2K16 Tips here at SGO.