Olbg golf forum
Post by PompeyJim » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:34 pm
Welcome to the new Golf Tips ‘Player of The Week’ for 2020.
There are three tournaments this week featuring the PGA Tour’s Players Championship at Sawgrass
Player of the Week 2020 :
In addition to the weekly selection we are asking members to nominate a golfer to follow for the year, once you have submitted your golfer to follow for the year ahead you do not need to post he/she every time you enter a weekly pick.
We will confirm each week with the weekly selections if your golfer to follow for the year is playing that week.
The golfer to follow for the year can be from any of the recognised tours and a selection will be required when members post their first weekly entry for 2020. This selection will earn points every time they win or finish runner up in a tournament, in addition to any potential points from the weekly selection.
*Your ‘Golfer to Follow for the Year’ selection can also be a weekly pick at any time you wish throughout the season, scoring will be the usual weekly points criteria plus 100 points if he/she wins the tournament or 50 points for finishing runner up.
The competition scoring is detailed below.
A key factor in the feedback from OLBG golf fans following ‘Player of the Week’ is the analysis which accompanies a member’s selection so we require at least 50 WORDS explaining why you think your golfer is a good bet, this is just a few lines and extremely useful for readers looking to follow your selection.
– For your first entry of 2020 we require your ‘Golfer to Follow’ for the year AND your selection for that week.
– After a ‘Golfer to Follow’ has been submitted it will then be ONE selection per week, with at least 50 words explaining your pick.
– The same golfer CAN be selected even if he/she has already been picked by another member.
– If your player withdraws BEFORE the tournament starts you can select a new pick as long as it is received before the cut off for entries.
– Deadline for entries each week will be the first tee off time of the tournament your player is competing.
– Tournament Winner = 100 points
– 2nd = 50 points
– 3rd = 25 points
– 4th = 20 points
– 5th = 15 points
– 6th to 10th = 10 points
GOLFER to FOLLOW (YEAR)
– Tournament Winner = 100 points
– Tournament Runner Up = 50 points
* No other additional points (top 5, top 10, odds, leader, cut, etc) will be awarded for this pick.
PLAYER ODDS BONUS POINTS
– Below 10/1 = No bonus points
– 10/1 to 19/1 = (WIN) 5 points, (Top 5) 0 points
– 20/1 to 29/1 = (WIN) 10 points, (Top 5) 5 points
– 30/1 to 39/1 = (WIN) 20 points, (Top 5) 10 points
– 40/1 to 49/1 = (WIN) 30 points, (Top 5) 15 points
– 50/1 to 99/1 = (WIN) 40 points, (Top 5) 20 points
– 100/1 plus = (WIN) 50 points, (Top 5) 25 points
– **54 hole leader = 9 points
– First Round Leader = 7 points
– Made The Cut = 5 points
**Includes 36 hole leader for three round events like on the Champions Tour.
Dead Heat rules do not apply where there are place ties for point scoring, full points will be awarded.
All points will be doubled (including for Golfer of the Year picks) for the 4 majors (US Masters, The US Open, The British Open and the USPGA Championship)
There will be a separate one off competition for the 2020 Ryder Cup
£15 to the Winner, this will be the member with the highest points total at the end of the year/final tournament week.
£5 to the Runner up.
THIS WEEK’S TOURNAMENTS
– MAGICAL KENYA OPEN (European Tour) Entry deadline 5 am Thursday
– SOUTH AFRICAN WOMEN’S OPEN (Ladies European Tour) Entry deadline 7 am Thursday
– THE PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP (PGA Tour) Entry deadline 2 pm Thursday
Please add your pick using the template style below so your selection and tournament is clear for readers looking to follow your pick. Please also include your ‘Golfer to Follow for the Year’ with your first entry (you don’t need to include this pick every week).
REASON FOR SUPPORT:
GOLFER TO FOLLOW FOR THE YEAR:
Please feel free to ask any questions and it will be great to see as many members as possible post a selection each week and a golfer to follow for the year.
Also you can join in at any time, don’t worry if you miss a week or did not post the first week etc..